Instant robot powered by wind
Updated in Sep 28 2018
We introduce about how to make a Craftel at this page. It's especially for making evaluation kit for now. The version is Craftel prototype v7 and v8.
Making Craftel evaluation kit v7 and v8
If you get an evaluation kit, you just need is a cellophane tape.
You need an electric fan for walking test and if playing in the house.
If you want to make all by yourself, please find like these parts. You can download the print pattern from here.
1. Cut the parts A-1
3. Fold the wing along the folds
1. Cut B-1
2. Fold along the folds like this
3. Tape all 4 corners
4. Tape inside of the chasis (forward and backward)
5. Complete !
1. Cut C-3
2. Fold in half
3. Fold top to "W" shape
4. Fold sides
5. Tape sides
2. put tail into the cut line on the chasis
3. Tape to the both sides
4. Put 50mm straw on the top and tape it
1. 150mm(longest) skewer and rubber band
*If you're making version 8, you don't have to do
the step 1 ~ 4.
2. round rubber band to skewer
4. Adjust like this
5. Put the skewer in to the straw
6. Put windmill to the skewer
8. Fold like this
9. Put B-2 to the skewer
10. Turn and adjust the angle of the windmill
11. Tape B-2 to the windmill
12. Check the skewer's position. It should be locate the center of chasis.If not, adjust the position of the straw.
13. Turn windmill and check it. If it turn smoothly, OK.
1. Cut B-6
2. Fold like this
3. Tape the forward and backward
4. Insart metal wire with care
5. Tape the side
6. Fold these 6 parts to outside (only version 8)
7. The purey will be like this
8. Adjust the position of the purey
9. Using glue to both sides
10. It's finish to make purey